So the summer is finally here!
After what seems like the longest winter ever, sunshine and warm weather has reached us!!!
I was watching an episode of 'Hey Arnold' (The kids list for a perfect Saturday),I started to think with all the hype around 'Summer 6teen'..... Considering the last few months with turning 30, professional changes, family problems and some speed bumps in my love life, I deserved a little fun !
So I came up with a bucket list for Summer Sixteen, so from June 20 to Sept 23 I want to life my life like its golden (and hopefully get the perfect golden tan).
- See two concerts, So far I have tickets to the Bad Boy Reunion concert in Columbus,Ohio and I am super excited the company coming in to see it with me!! Hopefully the next show will either be Drake, Beyonce or DMX
- Fly on a plane
- Go to a drive in movie
- Plant something pretty
- Have a water gun/water balloon fight
- Get my hair braided; I am such a creature of habit, so I keep my bundles in all year long, but what better time to try a new do?
- Play in the water with my niece; So last summer it was way too cold to get her a kiddie pool, and she was super little. This summer, the kid is ready to play in EVERYTHING
- Go to a water park
- Wear a two piece
- Go to at least one festival; Cleveland always has a ton festivals in the summer... Puerto Rican,Feast of the assumption, Gay Pride,etc
- Enjoy a dinner outdoors; I don't do bugs...Nor do I eat outdoors, because I hate heat,but why not?
- Buy some flowers for someone
- Go to a baseball game; With Cleveland still partying after our first ring in like 50+ years, maybe the Indians will take it to the World Series......
- See two movies
- Go camping..... And by camping I mean like a tent in my back yard or a cabin with running water or something
- See the sunrise; I want to wake up early with someone I love, greet the sun, and probably go back to bed...LOL
- Actually use my super cute new camera that I got for my birthday instead of my iPhone;I want to go back to a simple time in life when we actually kept memories,and didn't just delete them from Facebook.
- Read two books ; Right now, I am actually reading 'Every little step' by Bobby Brown....Not a bad read just long lol
- Go on a picnic
- Walk 15,000 steps in one day; Connect with me on the Fitbit!! I love the challenges
- Catch fireflies in a mason jar, I remember doing this as a kid....I don't even know why we did it, but we did?
- Enjoy an evening in the city.....And by city, I mean my home.....CLEVELAND
- Go on a road trip
- Go to a flea market or open air market
As I made this list I started to see how small little things could actually make me happy.....
I spend a lot of time working and following behind my family,so any true down time is super major for me......So I have no found joy in simple things surrounded by those I love.